The deadline for earning Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for water treatment, water distribution and/or wastewater license renewal is March 31, 2017.
- Grade I and II operators need to earn 1 CEU (10 hours).
- Grade III and IV operators need to have earned 2 CEUs (20 hours) of IDNR approved courses by the deadline.
- Operators who hold both a water treatment and distribution license need to earn the required CEUs but no less than 25% of CEUs can be earned in one area.
- A Grade I or II Water Treatment and Distribution operator will need to earn a combined total of 1 CEU in treatment and distribution and no less than 2.5 hours of the required 10 hours can be earned in one area.
- Operators only certified in one license, either treatment or distribution, must earn 1 CEU in the area they are licensed.
Remember: Only 20% of the required CEUs can be earned in safety.
- A Grade I or II operator can earn 2 hours
- A Grade III or IV operator can earn 4 hours toward license renewal by attending safety workshops/classes.
Safety CEU courses are denoted in red when reviewing your CEUs on IDNR’s Operator Certification Database and can be accessed on the agency’s website. If you are unsure whether future courses you plan to attend meet your CEU requirements are safety courses, please check with the course provider or Laurie Sharp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-725-0284.
IAMU Non-Safety CEU Workshops
Hands-on Pumps & Mechanical Maintenance on February 22, 2017 in Waverly. Eligible for 5 hours toward water treatment, water distribution or wastewater.
Space is limited with 8 spots still available.
Advanced Water Treatment and Advanced Water Distribution Workshops on March 1-2, 2017 at the IAMU Office in Ankeny. Each day will be eligible for 5 hours toward water treatment and water distribution respectively.
For more information or questions, please email Jill Soenen at email@example.com or call 515-289-1999.