Presenter: R. John Miner, President Collaborative Learning, Inc.
John Miner is a registered professional engineer and an accomplished executive manager and educator with over 45 years of experience in the electric utility industry. He is president of Collaborative Learning, Inc. of Austin and San Antonio, Texas, a firm that presents management and technical education programs and, through Collaboration Unlimited, provides management consulting services to the electric utility industry. John is a registered professional engineer and an accomplished executive manager and educator with over forty-five years of experience in the electric utility industry. John has been a course instructor for APPA for 30 years. John is a senior member of the IEEE and past chair of the IEEE Committee on Technology Accreditation Activities.
This course will address the NESC and its fundamental application to electric utility transmission and distribution systems, highlighting the important changes that are effective with the 2017 edition.
- NESC purpose, organization and application
- Significant revisions contained in the 2017 NESC
- NESC compliance, legal liability and risk management
- Rule interpretations and sources of help for compliance
- Recognition and correction of code violations
- Integration of NESC requirements into design, construction, and maintenance practices
- Safety and work rules for construction and operations personnel
- Code interpretation and compliance issues contributed by course participants
Who Should Attend
Managers, safety professionals, electric utility engineers, designers, technicians, and all field personnel who are responsible for or who make decisions concerning transmission and distribution systems. The course is conducted at a practical level and is appropriate for degreed professionals, including engineers and engineering technicians, as well as skilled craft personnel, field supervisors and non-degreed high school graduates with a general knowledge of the electric utility system.
For more information and to register, please click here.