Presented by Ahlers & Conney, P.C.
***5.75 Flexible Contact Hours are available for this workshop.***
This one-day workshop will provide an overview of a wide range of important municipal utility related legal topics, and is designed for municipal utility personnel including general managers, superintendents, finance officers, and utility clerks. Opportunities will provided to ask questions in advance of the workshop and throughout the presentations.
Topics will include:
- General municipal law
- Utility financing
- Utility rates and charges
- Service territories
- Billing and collections
- City payments, franchise fees, PILOTs, and surplus transfers
- IUB jurisdiction
- Public purpose requirements
- Ordinances and resolutions
- Open meetings and open records
- Public bidding and improvements
- Employment law
- Gift laws and public employee ethics
For more information and to register, click here.