Save the date for a Municipal Utility Law 101 Workshop on November 3rd!
This one-day workshop will provide an overview of a wide range of important municipal utility related legal topics, and is designed for municipal utility personnel including general managers, superintendents, finance officers, and even private attorneys looking for a municipal utility primer. Opportunities will provided to ask questions in advance of the workshop and throughout the presentations.
Topics will include:
- General municipal law
- Utility financing
- Utility rates and charges
- Service territories
- Billing and collections
- City payments, franchise fees, PILOTs, and surplus transfers
- IUB jurisdiction
- Public purpose requirements
- Ordinances and resolutions
- Open meetings and open records
- Public bidding and improvements
- Employment law
- Gift laws and public employee ethics
Registration and more details coming soon!