Don’t get left out. Registration space for the IAMU Municipal Utility Law 101 workshop presented by Ahlers & Cooney, PC is filling up quickly. This one day workshop will be held October 14, 2015 at the IAMU office, and will provide an overview of a wide range of important municipal utility related legal topics. It is designed for municipal utility personnel including general managers, superintendents, finance officers and utility clerks. Opportunities will be provided to ask questions in advance of the workshop and throughout the presentations.
Representative topics will include:
- Open Meetings & Records
- Board & Council Duties & Authority
- Iowa’s Gift Law
- Utility Fees & Charges
- Utility Service Territories
- Billing & Collections
- City Payments (franchise fees, PILOTs, surplus transfers)
- Iowa Utilities Board Jurisdiction
- Competitive Bid Requirements & Contracts
- Financing Utility Projects
- Public Purpose Requirements
- Ordinances & Resolutions
Register and pay online. Class size will be limited and filling up quickly so register now to reserve your seat.