On Monday, August 3, 2015 IAMU is offering a Grants Workshop
to provide members with information about grant opportunities available for infrastructure improvements and energy efficiency. If you've never applied for a grant before, this workshop will help you get started.
If you have ideas for a grant, representatives from various state agencies will be on hand to talk about various opportunities and answer your questions.
* 9:00 - 9:30 a.m. Registration
* 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Grants 101: An introduction to grants and what they may provide for your utility
* 10:00 - 10:45 a.m. Grants and Utilities: The City of Bloomfield has received and
administered several grants successfully, and will speak about their experiences
* 10:45 - 11:00 a.m. Break
* 11:00 - 11:50 a.m. IEDA: The Iowa Economic Development Authority will speak on the grant opportunities they provide for utilities, including Community Development Block Grants
* 11:50 - 12:30 p.m. Lunch (provided)
* 12:30 - 1:20 p.m. SRF: The State Revolving Fund will talk about the funding opportunities they provide for water and wastewater programs
* 1:20 - 2:10 p.m. USDA: The United States Department of Agriculture will talk about the many funding opportunities and assistance they provide for rural development, including energy and utilities
* 2:10 - 3:00 p.m. Wrap-up, questions, and networking
CLICK HERE to register for this informative event!